In collaboration with the Employee Wellness program, we have developed an 8 week on-line spiritual wellness program. This program is designed to help further your spiritual growth, encourage you to reflect more deeply on your lived experiences and promote a reflective approach to living. Themes covered include, Being Loved, Our Deepest Desire and the Power of Forgiveness. The program provides weekly readings, journal exercises and guided meditations. Register on-line at http://www.marquette.edu/wellness/employees/documents/Flyer.pdf
We again welcome all women employees to join us for a lunch and meditation reflection during this Fall semester. These lunch gatherings are a wonderful time to meet with friends and colleagues to build community and renew and restore our spirits. Space is limited. We ask that you register for one lunch date so that we may accommodate everyone. If we have extra space, a notice will be sent should you wish and be able to join us again. We look forward to gathering with you and continuing to build and nurture our campus community of Marquette women. Register for one of the dates below at FaberCenter@marquette.edu or by calling Ellen Blonski at 288-4545. You may consider your registration accepted and confirmed unless otherwise notified. Facilitated by Dr. Kathy Coffey-Guenther, Associate Vice-President, Office of Mission and Ministry. All lunches take place from Noon-1p.m.
- Monday, February 17, 2014 ~ AMU Ballroom “A”
- Tuesday, April 22, 2014 ~ AMU Ballroom “A”
- Wednesday, May 14, 2014 ~ AMU Ballroom “A”
Men of all faiths and beliefs from the Marquette University community are invited to come together for a monthly discussion and reflection on the ways men relate to each other, to God and to God's world. RSVP to 288-4545 or e-mail at FaberCenter@marquette.edu
- Thursdays: January 23, February 20, March 27 and May 1, 2014
- Noon – 1:00 p.m., Faber Center, Schroeder Complex, Room 111
- Lunch will be provided
If you or someone you love is struggling with cancer, please join us. This group meets each semester for lunch, support, encouragement and sharing. While participants may be dealing with various diagnoses and medical challenges, contributions of care, wisdom and knowing compassion from colleagues can truly help ease the journey. For further information or support, call Fr. J. J. O’Leary, SJ at 288-4525 or Ellen Blonski at 288-4545. Please RSVP via e-mail at FaberCenter@marquette.edu. A light lunch will be served.
- Thursday, March 6, 2014, @ at the Faber Center, Schroeder Complex 111
- Noon – 1:00 p.m.
Whether you have experienced the passing of a loved one recently or several months ago, their loss can be challenging. The reality we once knew has profoundly changed, and the new normal is slow in coming. The Faber Center welcomes all members from the Marquette community to join us as we offer a safe and comfortable space to gather and reflect on the experience of loss and grief. Come as you can. For additional information or support, please contact our office at 288-4545 or e-mail FaberCenter@marquette.edu.
- Thursday, February 13, and Wednesday, April 30, 2014
- 3:30 – 4:30 p.m., Faber Center, Schroeder Complex 111
- Facilitated by Michael Dante, Director, and J. J. O’Leary, S.J., Associate Director
Please join the Faber Center staff in praying the Rosary. No RSVP required. All are welcome.
- Noon – 12:30 p.m., Faber Center, Schroeder Complex, Room 111
- Tuesday, January 28; Tuesday, February 25; Tuesday, March 25; and Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Fr. J. J. O’Leary, S.J. and Fr. Wally Stohrer, S.J. are available by appointment for the Sacrament of Reconciliation. They can be contacted either by e-mail or phone as noted below:
- J. J. O’Leary, S.J.: email@example.com or 288-4545
- Wally Stohrer, S.J.: firstname.lastname@example.org or 288-5090
The Faber Center offers an opportunity to meet regularly (and at a mutually convenient time) with a spiritual director, someone with whom to talk and reflect on the invitations and experiences we encounter that lead us to grow into a deeper awareness of that which is sacred and meaningful in our lives. All faiths welcome.
- Offered by Michael Dante, M.Div., Ph.D., Director, Rev. J. J. O’Leary, S.J., Associate Director, and Ms. Monica Meagher, Spiritual Director in Residence, Faber Center for Ignatian Spirituality