Youth Options (Formerly PSEO)

Am I a Youth Options applicant? A Youth Options student seeks course work not available in his or her high school. Students earn college credit from Marquette while enrolled in high school. Because Youth Options students are sponsored by the state of Wisconsin, only students attending a public Wisconsin high school may pursue course work through the Youth Options program. If you fit these criteria, continue reading the directions below and print the Youth Options application available near the bottom of this page.

Students attending private Wisconsin high schools can't participate in the Youth Options program but still have the opportunity to earn Marquette credit while in high school by enrolling as a non-degree student. Private high school students choosing this option are required to submit official high school transcripts to complete their non-degree application for admission review. You can apply online here.


Three weeks before enrollment semester

What’s next

Your school counselor certifies your application for Youth Options and submits it to Marquette with your high school transcript. Within two weeks, a decision letter and instructions for advising and scheduling will be mailed to students admitted through the program.


What classes can I take?

To see a listing of available classes, use the snapshot of the schedule of classes.

How many classes can I take?

Youth options students may enroll in a maximum of seven credits each term. The state of Wisconsin restricts the total number of youth options credits to 18 credits in total.

What will be available in the fall/spring?

Course availability for the next term is generally available in mid-March (for fall semester classes) or early November (for spring semester classes). Students must meet prerequisites of any course.

What if I want to continue course work in the summer?

Summer admission is separate from fall or spring admission. Visit summer studies for course details and to apply.


Print and complete Youth Options application (below) and give to your high school counselor, who will submit the application with your high school transcripts. MPS students should speak with their school counselor before applying for any additional requirements and/or applications. Once received, application review will begin.

Ready? Begin your application.

The Youth Options program is for current Wisconsin public high school students seeking dual enrollment at Marquette. Contact your school counselor for requirements outlined by your school district before using this application.

What you'll need

Adobe Acrobat Reader (Download in new window)

Student studying on campus

Contact us


Application status

Log into your admissions application account to verify the status of your application.

To ask a question or get information, call (414) 288-7302. Or ask a quick question via our contact form.