So you want to be a tutor for the OSES Tutorial Program?
To be considered for a paid tutoring position, you must:
- Have received an AB or better in the class(es) you wish to tutor
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Be at least a sophomore (not including sophomore-standing as a freshman)
- Have a minimum of five hours of availability per week
- The desire to help others
If you are interested in becoming a tutor, email the academic programs coordinator, drop off the tutor application in the main office of Coughlin Hall, Room 145, or call us at (414) 288-3270.
"Students learn from 10% of what they read, 20% of what they hear, 30% of what they see, 50% of what they see and hear, 70% of what is discussed with others, 80% of what they experience personally, and 95% of what they teach to someone else."
— William Glasser, an expert in the field of education