Sexual Violence Awareness

Get help

Learn more

Get involved

Marquette University Poice Department (MUPD) is available to take your report any time, day or night. MUPD provides trained responders who can provide information about the criminal justice system and the university's student conduct system. You may request to speak with a male or female officer and may also request the services of the Victim Advocate.

MUPD is required by law to report the incident to the Milwaukee Police Department. MUPD has established procedures with MPD’s Sensitive Crimes Unit to report incidents directly when appropriate. An officer, typically from the Sensitive Crimes Unit, will contact you. If the reported incident occurs outside the City of Milwaukee, law enforcement from that municipality will be informed as well.

You can receive support and guidance from campus and community resources throughout the entire process. Members of the MUPD Victim/Witness Services Unit are available to provide escorts to all related appointments and court proceedings. The Victim Advocacy Services and other counseling resources can also help you through the process.

The Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office also has a sexual assault division. Advocates in that office can assist you if you choose to pursue criminal charges.

The decision to press charges is yours. However, by contacting authorities, you are pursuing action for your own protection and that of the whole campus community. The university strongly encourages students who are victims of sexual violence to report the incident.

On-Campus Marquette Police Department
  Emergency 414-288-1911
  Non-Emergency 414-288-6800
Milwaukee Police Department
  Emergency 911
  Sensitive Crimes 414-935-7405
Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office

Get Support: Contact Resources

If you or someone you know have been a victim of sexual misconduct, information about available resources can be found HERE.