Sexual Violence Awareness

Get help

Learn more

Get involved

As a faculty or staff member, you may be the first point of contact for a victim of sexual misconduct. You may also become aware of sexual misconduct from a source other than the victim. Please note that Marquette University and its employees are subject to various state and federal reporting laws. In short, you must immediately report all cases of sexual assault, stalking, relationship violence or sexual harassment, as well as any other crimes, to the Marquette University Police Department (MUPD). You are strongly encouraged to also contact Marquette’s Victim Advocate. If you have questions about your role in reporting an incident, please contact MUPD.

Be sure the person disclosing information to you understands your obligation to report this information to MUPD. By law, all criminal sexual misconduct must be reported by MUPD to the Milwaukee Police Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of sexual misconduct, it is crucial that you offer support and refer the victim to the appropriate professional services. Be sure to get permission from the victim before calling these support service personnel or their offices.

Confidential Resources
On and Off Campus:
Counseling Center 414-288-7172
Marquette University Medical Clinic 414-288-7184
Healing Center 414-671-HEAL
Sojourner Family Peace Center 414-276-1911
Milwaukee Women’s Center 414-449-4777
Milwaukee LGBT Community Center 414-271-2656
Other Campus Resources  
Victim advocate 414-288-5244
Campus Ministry 414-288-6873
Marquette University Police Department 414-288-6800 or
414-288-6911 (for EMERGENCY)
Gender and Sexuality Resource Center 414-288-4975

Get Support: Contact Resources

If you or someone you know have been a victim of sexual misconduct, information about available resources can be found HERE.