Marquette University Department of
Recreational Sports Mission Statement
The Department of Recreational Sports embraces the Jesuit philosophy of education in developing the Mind, Body and Spirit and fosters the out of classroom experience.
Recreational Sports will facilitate the transformational learning experience by engaging students in a comprehensive wellness and activities program to develop and promote healthy lifestyles, leadership development and lifetime skills and sportsmanship.
- Develop a comprehensive wellness and activities program that supports the values of healthy lifestyles and lifetime leisure activities.
- Provide quality facilities, equipment, programs and services.
- Provide student development and leadership opportunities.
- Employ professional and student staff committed to serving quality programs and services.
- Provide excellent levels of customer service to all stakeholders.
- Implement assessment processes and tools to thoroughly evaluate programs, services, facilities and staff.