The Doctor of Physical Therapy curriculum is designed to develop the student completely as a person and as a professional. A foundation of courses in the humanities and sciences challenges the studentsí personally by focusing not only on the intellect, but also upon the character of the student.
Features of Marquette Universities Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree Program
- Complete 2 degrees in 6 years
- Choose from a large variety of undergraduate majors
- Special area of interest concentrations
- Exercise Physiology and Athletic Training majors part of the department and offer dual credentials for greater marketability
- Distinguished faculty
- Program committed to cultural diversity
- Program holds state and federal grants to support minority and disadvantaged students
- Employment Rate: 100% job placement the past 3 years within 6 months of passing licensure examination
- Ranked 12th in country by US News and World Report, 2012
- Over 530 Clinical sites nationwide
- Graduation rate:
- 2010: 97% graduated within the normally expected time frame, with the remaining 3% graduating within 101-150% of the expected time for a total of 66 graduates.
- 2011: 100% or 56 students graduated within the normally expected time frame.
- 2012: 100% or 61 students graduated within the normally expected time frame.
- 2013: 97% or 56 students graduated within the normally expected time frame.
- Licensure Examination Pass Rate:
- 009-2013 Ultimate Pass Rate: 100%
- 2014 First Time Pass Rate: 98.31%
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to practice autonomously within a direct access environment in essential practice areas as defined by the Guide for Physical Therapist Practice
- Screen individuals through testing and differential diagnosis, to determine a physical diagnosis which is within the scope of physical therapy, and/or to determine the need for referral to other health professionals
- Apply evidence based decision making in planning patient care