Residence councils

Students in Schroeder lounge

The Residence Councils are composed of students who live in the residence halls or university-owned apartments. They are the governing bodies for the halls and apartments and focus on issues within the halls or apartments and provide activities for residents.

Each Residence Council is formed at the beginning of the fall semester when residents vote for the Residence Council Executive Board. Hall Council executive boards include president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, RHA representative(s) and, sometimes, positions like a historian. Each hall also has a residence hall senator who is on the Hall Council executive board and attends MUSG meetings. RHA representatives are a part of the Residence Council and RHA.

Informational sessions are held during the first week of classes, and elections for executive board positions happen during the second week of classes. Each wing/floor/apartment selects a voting representative(s) to attend the Residence Council meetings and be the voice of students.

Residence Council meetings are held on Tuesday evenings and open to all student residents.

Related Links







Student Resident

RHA Contact Information

Residence Hall Association Office
716 North 11th Street
Carpenter Tower, Rm. 119
Milwaukee, WI 53233

Telephone: (414) 288-5851