Housing Selection Process for Returning Students
[Download 2015-16 Selection Booklet]
The Marquette University Office of Residence Life is pleased to announce our returning student sign-up process for the 2015-16 academic year. This information is intended to introduce the automated selection process to you, as you will be utilizing this process to choose a room, roommate(s), and meal plan for the 2015-16 academic year.
There are several important features you will need to understand in order to successfully select your room assignment for next year. These features are explained in greater detail throughout this website and are highlighted here for your convenience:
- You will want to determine your first, second, third and even fourth residence hall preference well in advance of your selection time. Doing so will allow you to complete your room selection should your preferences be filled prior to your assignment time.
- In order to maximize the opportunity for roommates to select the hall of their choice, a priority will be given to groups of students who can completely fill their selected room. This prevents individuals or partial groups from filling all of the doubles, triples, and quads.
- Once you assign yourself to a residence hall room, you will be locked into that assignment until the selection process is completed on April 10, 2015.
Residence hall selection is not meant to be stressful, and following a few simple guidelines should make the process a lot easier:
- Pay your $300 housing deposit.
All students must pay a $300 non-refundable housing deposit to participate in the room selection process. Payment must be submitted online (Campus Living website) during the week of deposit collection (March 16 – 20) to ensure computer activation of your assignment time.
- Make sure you have downloaded the housing selection booklet. Read through the entire process carefully.
- Log into the Campus Living website. [Please note: you must use a PC with Internet Explorer or FireFox to access this site.] Verify your assignment time within 24 hours of payment to ensure that your housing deposit has activated your pre-assigned time. Encourage your roommates to do the same.
- A Gender Breakdown by floor is available here on our website.
- Be patient. You may experience slower system response during peak sign-up periods.
- The Office of Residence Life will remain open until 9:30 p.m. on Monday, March 23 to answer any additional questions you may have during the housing sign-up process.
- ADDITIONAL WALKTHROUGH INFORMATION AVAILABLE
If you are having problems accessing the Campus Living Web site, please click here for an additional walkthrough.
If you have additional questions, please contact our office:
Note: All unmarried first and second year students, regardless of their academic classification, are required to live in the residence halls.
Phone: (414) 288-7208 or
This process is for current Marquette students only. Incoming Freshmen/Transfers should click here
for information on the assignment process for admitted students.