English as a Second Language Program (ESLP)
The English as a Second Language Program (ESLP), offered through the Office of International Education, provides for the English as a Second Language needs of the Marquette University community.
The English as a Second Language Program specifically offers:
- Advanced academic English language courses for full-time students who have been admitted to undergraduate studies at Marquette whose native language is not English
- English language placement testing to enrolled Marquette students to determine if students are eligible for our ESLP courses
- Linguistic, pedagogical, and cross-cultural training to international teaching assistants through the International Teaching Assistant Program
- Responses to ESL-related inquires and requests from potential and current students, faculty, and staff and the larger Milwaukee community
Student learning outcomes
The ESLP program is designed to help students:
- Write Using Academic English (ESLP 1021)
- Read Academic English Texts (ESLP 1031)
- Listen & Speak Using Academic English (ESLP 1041)
- Use Grammar, Punctuation, and Mechanics in Academic Writing (ESLP 1025)
For more information on the ESL Program, please use the links to the right.
Please note that Marquette University does not offer a full-time intensive English language program. If you are interested in studying in an intensive English program in the Milwaukee area, please see the Milwaukee ESL Resources web page.