Get Involved

How to apply

Every term, all students who are eligible to receive federal veterans' educational benefits (new and continuing) must complete the following university form:

First-time use of benefits

If you have never used your Veterans' Affairs educational benefits, you will need to provide documentation of your eligibility to receive them.

Required documents:
  • Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill-Active Duty — copy of Certificate of Eligibility and a copy of your DD 214 (Certificate of Discharge).
  • Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment — consult with a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor at the Department of Veterans' Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Office. 
  • Chapter 33: Post-9/11 GI Bill — copy of Certificate of Eligibility.
  • Chapter 33: Yellow Ribbon Program — the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program is a provision of the Post-9/11 GI Bill. This program allows institutions of higher learning in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the VA to partially or fully fund tuition and fee expenses that exceed the established thresholds under the Post-9/11 GI Bill. 
  • Chapter 35: Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance — copy of Certificate of Eligibility.
  • Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI Bill — Selected Reserve — copy of Certificate of Eligibility and a copy of your Notice of Basic Eligibility (DD Form 2384).
  • Chapter 1607: Reserve Education Assistance Program — copy of deployment orders, copy of redeployment orders and copy of your DD 214

If you are eligible for an Educational Bonus/Kicker (primarily Chapter 30/1606 recipients), you will also need to bring in the appropriate documentation to receive the benefit, e.g., DD 1131, Cash Collection Voucher, etc.

For more information, visit the VA Education Benefits (GI Bill) Web site.

Transferring from another university

If you have used your VA educational benefits at another academic institution and are now attending Marquette, please complete form VA 22-1995, Request for Change of Program or Place of Training .


If you have questions about educational benefits, please contact Marquette Central at (414) 288-4000.



The Office of the Registrar is the official keeper of academic records including course registrations, grades, transcripts and diplomas.

Find information about...

Trouble finding something? Contact the Office of the Registrar