When you accept an offer of financial aid from the Office of Student Financial Aid, you enter into an agreement with Marquette
University. There are certain rights and responsibilities associated with this agreement which you
should understand before you apply for or accept financial assistance.
- You have the primary responsibility for meeting your educational expenses. We expect that you will make every effort to provide
a reasonable portion of your total expenses while you are enrolled at Marquette.
- You are responsible for being aware of all conditions related to the receipt of your financial aid. We expect that you have read
and understood all information which relates to our financial aid policies and procedures.
- You are responsible for obtaining all the forms required to apply for the type of assistance you wish to receive. Forms needed
to apply for financial aid are not automatically mailed to you each year.
- You are responsible for submitting application forms and any required supporting materials on a timely basis. If you are
applying for aid which has an established deadline, it is your responsibility to meet that deadline.
- You are responsible for supplying accurate information on forms submitted to our office. If we obtain information which
conflicts with data on your application materials, our offer could be changed or cancelled. Funds obtained on the basis of false information will have to be repaid and you will be subject to criminal prosecution.
- You are responsible for responding to an offer of assistance from our office.
- You are responsible for reporting the type and amount of assistance you have received from any source outside our office.
Withholding such information could jeopardize your eligibility for financial aid and result in cancellation of your financial aid
- You are responsible for completing all paperwork necessary to facilitate the disbursement of your financial aid.
- You are responsible for reporting any changes in your circumstances which might affect your eligibility for financial aid.
These changes include:
- Change of address
- Change in type of residency (e.g., commuting from home, moving on or off campus)
- Change in your financial circumstances
- Change in your enrollment status (e.g., dropping or adding classes, withdrawing from the university)
- Change in your class standing
- Change in your marital status
- Change in your co-op plans
- You are responsible for using funds obtained from our office for expenses associated with the pursuit of your education at
Marquette. Payment of tuition, fees, and/or housing costs should be your first priority.
- You are responsible for knowing your lender's name and address and the cumulative amount borrowed and for retaining copies of
all loan applications and promissory notes.
- You are responsible for notifying your lender or servicer of any change in name or address while you are attending school and
after you have left school.
- You are responsible for registering with Selective Service if you are a male between the ages
of 18 and 26 years. Under the Military Service Act (P.L. 97-252, students who fail to comply will be ineligible for Title IV funds.