Do I need an appointment?

In order to serve you efficiently, the Marquette University Medical Clinic operates on an all appointment system. Same day appointments are available for acute and urgent care.

Can I get my birth control at the Marquette University Medical Clinic?

In keeping with the Catholic tradition regarding birth control, The Marquette University Medical Clinic does not dispense condoms nor prescribe contraceptive medication. However, recognizing that oral contraceptives are prescribed for particular medical conditions, it is advisable that these matters be discussed individually with a provider at the medical clinic.

Sexual & Reproductive Health Statement

The Marquette University Medical Clinic providers are very sensitive to the issues of students surrounding sexual and reproductive health. Students are encouraged to discuss their needs, questions, and concerns within the context of an appointment. All conversations are held in the strictest of confidence. Bound by medical ethics, within the context of college health and Catholic tradition regarding human sexuality and birth control, students receive sound medical advice regarding sexual and reproductive health in order to make their own informed decisions regarding healthy relationships. Students interested in extended conversations or clarifications on sexuality and Catholic teaching are encouraged to contact Campus Ministry staff.

Does the Marquette University Medical Clinic provide pharmacy services?

For the convenience of our patients, we have a small pharmacy. Prescription medications are available at prices comparable to local competitors. Call (414) 288-7184 to schedule an appointment. Please note: We are unable to fill prescriptions written by outside providers.

Does the Marquette University Medical Clinic provide dental services?

At this time, we do not provide on-site dental services at the Marquette University Medical Clinic. However, our medical providers are happy to provide referrals to appropriate facilities in the community.

In addition, Marquette University's School of Dentistry houses both a Dental Clinic and a Faculty Practice that are open to the public.

The Dental Clinic provides a full range of dental services for adults (age 13 and older) by pre-doctoral dental students under the supervision of faculty members, who are licensed dentists and hygienists. For more information about the Dental Clinic, visit the Dental Clinic's website, or call (414) 288-6790.

The Faculty Practice is run by dentists who hold full-time teaching positions at the Marquette University School of Dentistry. In contrast to an appointment at the Dental Clinic, where treatment may take an extended period of time because patients are cared for by dental students, patients at the Faculty Practice can expect an experience similar to what one might find in a private dental office. The Faculty Practice also sees patients of all ages. For more information about the Faculty Practice, visit the Faculty Practice's website or call (414) 288-0788.

What if I need blood work?

The laboratory at the Marquette University Medical Clinic performs many diagnostic tests on-site for a nominal fee. We will also work with your primary physician for other lab work requested. Call (414) 288-7184 to schedule an appointment.

What if I need an X-ray?

X-rays for some extremities are available on-site at MUMC. Additional radiology services can be arranged as needed and MUMC providers will work with you to find accessible facilities that are compatible with your health insurance plan. Radiology services will be billed directly to your personal health insurance as they are not covered by the Segregated Health Fee.

Can I bill my insurance?

The Marquette University Medical Clinic is unable to bill your insurance. However, you may request reimbursement from your insurance company by submitting an itemized receipt that we will generate for you.

Can I utilize the Marquette University Medical Clinic even though I don't have health insurance?

The Marquette University Medical Clinic will take care of you regardless of your insurance status. Refer to our fees for more information.

Do I need to complete the Immunization & Tuberculosis Screening Form?

All newly matriculating students are required to complete an Immunization & Tuberculosis Screening Form. To access this form:

  1. Go to
  2. Enter your username and password.
  3. Once you have successfully accessed your student account, select the Next Step link. Please note that the Next Step link only appears for accepted students.
  4. You now will see your Next Step dashboard. Please complete the health forms.

Failure to submit the required documentation within 30 days of the start of your first semester/term at Marquette will result in a medical hold, preventing future class registration. This hold will be removed once the immunization and TB screening requirements have been met.

Does Marquette require incoming students to have a physical?

Marquette does not require new students to have a physical exam, although it is encouraged. Marquette does require that the Immunization & Tuberculosis Screening Form be completed. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in a medical hold, preventing future class registration.

Are there any required immunizations?

Marquette University requires that all newly matriculating students demonstrate compliance with the immunization policy. Proof of immunization (or disease, as applicable) is required for MMR (measles, mumps, rubella), Varicella (chickenpox) and Tetanus/Diphtheria. Completion of a screening instrument for tuberculosis is also required. Failure to demonstrate compliance within 30 days of the start of your first session/term at Marquette will result in a medical hold preventing future class registration. You can find more information about filling out the Immunization & Tuberculosis Screening Forms.

Health Science, Nursing and Dental students may be required by their department or college to receive additional immunizations. Contact your department or college for specifications.

If you have any more questions related to Marquette University’s immunization requirements, they can be directed to:

Are my records confidential?

Your medical care at the medical clinic is confidential. Health care records are kept separately from academic records. We do not release information outside of MUMC without your written permission.

Can I get my ADHD medications prescribed at the MUMC?

MUMC does not prescribe medication for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). If you have been diagnosed and need a continued prescription for ADHD medication, we recommend that you continue your prescription with your home provider, or we can help you find a psychiatrist PDF Icon outside of Marquette. If you have not been diagnosed but suspect that you have ADHD, you can schedule a screening at the Marquette Counseling Center by calling (414) 288-7172.


What's in a name?

Quite a lot, actually. Find out what the M.D.s, D.O.s, P.A.s, C.M.A.s, R.N.s, M.L.T.s and R.D.s at Marquette's Medical Clinic do to help get you — and keep you — healthy. Here's a hint: It's more than just caring for your basic health needs. Find out more.