Due to an overwhelming response and limited seating, we have closed registration for this event.
Marquette University will host a free workshop on grantseeking for nonprofit organizations at the John P. Raynor S.J. Library on Tuesday, March 25th from 1:00pm to 2:30pm. The session will be led by Kief Schladweiler, Coordinator of the Funding Information Network with the Foundation Center. Mr. Schladweiler will highlight the electronic and print resources available for your free use at Raynor Library, a partner in the Foundation Center's Funding Information Network. The training will cover the following areas:
Proposal Writing Basics
Learn the key components of a proposal to a foundation. For those new to proposal writing, this class will cover:
- How the proposal fits into the overall grantseeking process
- What to include in a standard proposal to a foundation
- Tips for making each section of your proposal stronger
- What funders expect to see in your proposal and attachments
- Tips for communicating with funders during the grant process
- Additional resources on proposal writing, including sample proposals
Kief Schladweiler has been the Coordinator of the Foundation Center's Funding Information Network since 2005. Prior to that he served as the Center's online librarian for several years. He joined the Foundation Center in 1999 after working as a reference librarian for The New York Public Library. He received his M.A. in Library and Information Science from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
The John P. Raynor S.J. Library is located at 1355 W. Wisconsin Ave in Milwaukee (number 20 on campus map). Parking options / campus map.