Hiring Temporary Employees
- Make a list of the duties and job requirements that you will need a temp to be responsible for. Be specific with computer programs and skills. A rule of thumb is that a temp agency can't provide what a department wants if it doesn't know exactly what it is seeking.
- Decide the hours and length of assignment. Hours do not need to be fulltime, Monday through Friday.
- Choose one person who will be the direct report of the temporary employee. This person should be present on the temp's first day and be available throughout the assignment to answer questions and provide guidance.
- Contact Human Resources with your temporary request as soon as possible. Be prepared to give them the necessary information:
- Job Requirements
(Filing, phone work, data entry, typing memos, accounting, etc.)
- Computer Skills
(Word, Excel, Macintosh, In-house system, etc.)
- Start date and length of assignment
- Hours to be worked, length of lunch hour
- Location of assignment
- Direct report of temporary worker
- Account number temporary worker will be charged to (00000-0-6540)
- Due to time restraints and job requirements, some positions may take longer to fill.
Temporary Employee Hiring Resources
For more information or to request a temporary employee contact:
Human Resources Coordinator