First Day of Temporary Employee
- Have a workstation prepared for your temporary employee; include all necessary equipment.
- Complete the online form with the Registrar's Office in order to generate an MU ID number, which will be needed for email and ID card access. Contact Human Resources for a link to the online form.
- Once the MU ID number has been generated by the Registrar's Office, call the IT Services Help Desk at 8-7799 to set up email and phone.
- Welcome and take on tour of office. Introduce temporary employee to all department employees and show him/her key areas, such as bathrooms and break room.
- Notify Human Resources if your temporary hire does not arrive on the first day or if the individual is not a good fit for the position.
- Spend time explaining the details of the job assignment. Provide basic information regarding office hours, lunch and break policies, security procedures and dress code as well as specific information regarding job responsibilities, tasks, office equipment and computer programs. Ask for questions immediately after discussion as well as throughout the day and assignment.
- Have the temporary employee make parking arrangements if necessary. This can be done at the parking office; the employee must register and pay on the first day. The fee for parking is $63/month; this amount can be broken down to match the length of the assignment. It is the department's responsibility to pay for parking. Please provide a completed internal order form for the temporary employee to give to the parking office.
- Time cards will be the temporary employee's responsibility. The supervisor should sign off on his/her timecard at the end of the week or assignment. The temp will then fax it to his/her employer.