- Apply Today
- Master's and Doctoral Programs
- Accelerated Degree Programs
- Application Instructions
- Request Information
- Contact the Graduate School
- Schedule a Campus Visit
- Graduate Bulletin
- Graduate School Staff
- Contributing to the Graduate School
New Graduate Student Orientation
Welcome to Marquette University
We are excited and honored to welcome you to campus as new graduate students.
Thank you to all who attended the Fall 2017 New Graduate Student Orientation on Thursday, August 24, 2017. The event was held in the Alumni Memorial Union (AMU) from 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. An outline of events can be found below.
Not able to attend the Orientation? You can view a recording of the presentations.
- Welcome - Dr. Douglas Woods, Dean of the Graduate School
- Title IX - Ms. Christine Taylor, Title IX Coordinator
- IT Services - Ms. Kathy Lang, Chief Information Officer
- Library Resources - Mrs. Heather James, Librarian and Coordinator of Digital Collections & Projects
- Graduate School Academics - Dr. Carrianne Hayslett, Associate Dean of the Graduate School
- Graduate Student Organization (GSO) - Mr. Brice Cleland, Ph.D. student and GSO President
- Visit Milwaukee - Ms. Emily Tau
Schedule of Events
5:00 to 6 p.m.: Check in, campus tours, campus resource tables, refreshments.
Meet fellow new students and speak with representatives from Parking Services, the MUPD, Career Services Center, the Counseling Center, the Center for Intercultural Engagement, and many more! 30 minute campus tours will also be available starting at 5:00 p.m.
6:00 to 7:00 p.m.: Presentations and Q&A with the Graduate School and campus partners.
Hear from Graduate School staff, IT Services, the library, Visit Milwaukee, and other speakers from Marquette's campus.
7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.: GSO Welcome Back party
Join the Graduate Student Organization (GSO) and returning graduate students after the program for a Welcome Back party at the Union Sports Annex, just steps from the AMU on Marquette's campus.
Details and Logistics
You may park in the 16th street parking garage on Marquette's campus (number 55 on the campus map). Simply let the attendant know that you are a new graduate student attending orientation and they will allow you to park for no cost.
Orientation will take place in Room 163 on the ground floor of the AMU. If you enter the AMU on the west side, take the stairs or elevator down one level to the 1st (ground) floor. Graduate School staff will be present to help direct you.
Other Orientation Events
- The orientation hosted by the Graduate School is not mandatory and is general in nature. Some, but not all, departments also offer program-specific orientations; check with your department for more information.
- Graduate School of Management students (accounting, business administration, economics, human resources) please visit the GSM online orientation website for information.
- A mandatory orientation for international students is held through the Office of International Education (OIE). Please visit OIE's website for more information or call (414) 288-7289.
Please feel free to contact the Graduate School at (414) 288-7137 or firstname.lastname@example.org.