Can I defer my admission?

Admission can be deferred for up to one year. Students who desire to defer their admissions must request deferral by completing the Request for Deferral of Admission form.Please note that students offered admission to the Speech-Language Pathology program and Direct Entry Nursing program do not have the option to defer their admission decision.

The form must be submitted before the beginning of the term for which the student was originally admitted. The Graduate School and academic department will review the request and make a decision. The student will be notified by the Graduate School regarding whether their deferral is honored or not. 

It should be noted that if a deferral is approved, it is for admission only and not for any financial aid that may have been awarded. In such cases, students must reapply for financial aid prior to the deadlines.

Contact Us

The Graduate School, Holthusen Hall, 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 1881
1324 W. Wisconsin Ave., Room 305
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881
(414) 288-7137

Visit the contact page for more information