Foreign Languages and Literatures (FOLL) Application Requirements
Applicants must submit, directly to the Marquette University Graduate School:
- A completed online application form and $50 application fee.
- Official transcripts from all current and previous colleges/universities except Marquette.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A writing sample in Spanish. This can be a term paper from one of the applicant's undergraduate Spanish courses.
- (For international applicants only) a TOEFL score or other acceptable proof of English proficiency.
- (For teaching assistantships in Spanish) a tape recording (no longer than 5 minutes) of their foreign speaking voice. The tape should include a reading from a prose passage and some free conversation. Foreign applicants should make a similar recording in English. The recording should be submitted directly to the director of graduate studies or the chair of the department.