Marquette University works with an outside plan administrator to offer graduate students health insurance. Certain Marquette University graduate assistants and fellows, including some recipients of grant funding, will be eligible to have a portion of their premium paid by Marquette University.
In 2015-16, Marquette University will contribute up to $1,198 toward a health insurance plan for qualified teaching assistants, research assistants, and university fellowship recipients (U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents). Students who qualify for this benefit were notified in their award letters. The policy dates of the plan for most full-time assistants are August 1, 2015 through July 31, 2016.
U.S. Citizens and Legal Permanent Residents
- Deadline for Accepting Insurance Plans: Students wishing to participate in the health insurance plan must notify the Graduate School by filling out, signing, and returning the Payroll Deduction Agreement form by Friday, July 10, 2015. See link below to access the form.
- Enrollment: The Graduate School will work directly with the insurance company to enroll all students who accepted the insurance policy. Students will not need to fill out enrollment forms unless they wish to add dependents or spouses.
- Insurance Cards: Insurance cards will be mailed to students.
- Address Changes: It is important that students inform the insurance company directly with any address changes throughout the time of coverage.
- Policy Information: The detailed Brochure of Coverage is available on MU Risk Management’s Student Health Insurance website. Note the 2014-15 brochure may still be on the site for summer 2015 enrollees. A one-page summary can be found here.
- Links to 2015-16 Documents: A schedule of insurance premiums based on the category and term of the graduate assistantship, the deadlines to accept or decline the insurance benefit, and the form to authorize payroll deduction for the premiums can be found here: Costs, Deadlines, Payroll Deduction Agreement form PDF.
Information about health insurance for international students and the university’s contribution toward premiums can be found here.