We again welcome all women employees to join us for a lunch and meditation reflection during this Fall semester. These lunch gatherings are a wonderful time to meet with friends and colleagues to build community and renew and restore our spirits. Space is limited. We ask that you register for one lunch date so that we may accommodate everyone. If we have extra space, a notice will be sent should you wish and be able to join us again. We look forward to gathering with you and continuing to build and nurture our campus community of Marquette women. Register for one of the dates below at FaberCenter@marquette.edu or by calling Ellen Blonski at 288-4545. You may consider your registration accepted and confirmed unless otherwise notified. Facilitated by Dr. Kathy Coffey-Guenther, Associate Vice-President, Office of Mission and Ministry. All lunches take place from Noon-1p.m.
Men of all faiths and beliefs from the Marquette University community are invited to come together for a monthly discussion and reflection on the ways men relate to each other, to God and to God's world. RSVP to 288-4545 or e-mail at FaberCenter@marquette.edu
- Thursdays: September 12, October 10, November 14, and December 5, 2013
- Noon – 1:00 p.m., Faber Center, Schroeder Complex, Room 111
- Lunch will be provided
Please join the Faber Center staff in praying the Rosary. No RSVP required. All are welcome.
- Noon – 12:30 p.m., Faber Center, Schroeder Complex, Room 111
- Thursday, September 5 and Wednesday, September 25; Monday, October 7 and Thursday, October 24; Monday, November 11 and Wednesday, November 27; Thursday, December 12.
Fr. J. J. O’Leary, S.J. and Fr. Wally Stohrer, S.J. are available by appointment for the Sacrament of Reconciliation. They can be contacted either by e-mail or phone as noted below:
- J. J. O’Leary, S.J.: firstname.lastname@example.org or 288-4545
- Wally Stohrer, S.J.: email@example.com or 288-5090
If you or someone you love is struggling with cancer, please join us. This group meets each semester for lunch, support, encouragement and sharing. While participants may be dealing with various diagnoses and medical challenges, contributions of care, wisdom and knowing compassion from colleagues can truly help ease the journey. For further information or support, call Fr. J. J. O’Leary, SJ at 288-4525 or Ellen Blonski at 288-4545. Please RSVP via e-mail at FaberCenter@marquette.edu. A light lunch will be served.
Whether you have experienced the passing of a loved one recently or several months ago, their loss can be challenging. The reality we once knew has profoundly changed, and the new normal is slow in coming. The Faber Center welcomes all members from the Marquette community to join us as we offer a safe and comfortable space to gather and reflect on the experience of loss and grief. Come as you can. For additional information or support, please contact our office at 288-4545 or e-mail FaberCenter@marquette.edu.
- Thursdays, October 10, November 14 and December 5, 2013
- 3:30 – 4:30 p.m., Faber Center, Schroeder Complex 111
- Facilitated by Michael Dante, Director, and J. J. O’Leary, S.J., Associate Director
In the Catholic tradition, the faithful departed are remembered specifically on All Souls’ Day, November 2nd. Throughout the entire month of November, we are encouraged to continue to remember and pray for those who have died. We invite all members and friends of the Marquette University community who have lost a loved one over the past year to take part in our All Souls Ecumenical Service of Remembrance. People of all faiths are welcome to attend. This service will include hymns, readings and an opportunity for quiet prayer and reflection.
- Monday, November 4, 2013, 4:00 – 4:45 p.m.
- Chapel of the Holy Family (AMU, 2nd floor)
The Faber Center offers an opportunity to meet regularly (and at a mutually convenient time) with a spiritual director, someone with whom to talk and reflect on the invitations and experiences we encounter that lead us to grow into a deeper awareness of that which is sacred and meaningful in our lives. All faiths welcome.
- Offered by Michael Dante, M.Div., Ph.D., Director, and Rev. J. J. O’Leary, S.J., Associate Director, Faber Center for Ignatian Spirituality