What can you do with a major in theatre?
Theatre major careers and jobs
If you've seen the critically acclaimed show Community on NBC, then you've seen a Marquette theatre major in action. "It's hard not to think about Marquette as I walk from my classroom (on the set) and see the chalk on the ground saying there's a rugby game this weekend or come to the AMU for this speaker," said Danny Pudi, a former theatre major who plays Abed on the hit show. And that's not the only place you'll find Marquette theatre major alumni in show business.
Jobs for Theatre majors
What can you do with a major in theatre? About 20 percent of our theatre major graduates pursue master of fine arts degrees in acting, directing and design. Of those who seek employment, almost all get the job of their choice. Some places where you’ll find recent graduates:
- American Players Theatre
- Brown University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Cleveland Playhouse
- Fox Network
- Georgestreet Playhouse
- Hilbery Repertory Theater
- Milwaukee Repertory Theater
- New York’s Playwrights Horizon
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival
- The Second City
- Steppenwolf Theatre Company (Chicago)
- 20th Century Fox
- Yale School of Drama
- Signed with Vanguard Management (New York), Paradigm Management (Los Angeles and New York) and
- Media Artists (Los Angeles)
Additional resources on careers for theatre majors.
Visit the department that offers the major in theatre.