International Business Major
THE MARQUETTE international business major
GET YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR. You typically need to distinguish yourself in a business foundation, such as accounting, marketing or finance, before you can move into the international sector of a firm. That's why we require international business majors to maximize their marketability by having a second business major, which takes four years to complete.
International business majors can:
- Study abroad for a summer, semester or full year through 25 different programs in 18 countries
- Apply to the competitive International Applied Investment Management program (finance or accounting second major required)
- Learn from faculty with academic and industry experience from across the globe
DO MORE IN FOUR YEARS. As a Marquette international business major, you will study abroad for a semester or year, be proficient in a foreign language (and perhaps earn a minor) and choose a second major in business (accounting, economics, finance, real estate, human resources management, information technology, marketing or operations and supply chain management). Ours is the only program in the country to combine all of these elements in an undergraduate international business major. Consider our program in Applied Investment Management (AIM) with real-time, real-money investment and global investment internship opportunities.
JOIN MARQUETTE'S GLOBAL VILLAGE. As an international business major, you can interact with business students from universities in Europe, Asia and Latin America visiting Marquette as exchange students. You can also tap into Marquette's buddy system, connecting you with mentors and internship opportunities.
PARLEZ-VOUS ESPAÑOL. You have several languages to choose from at Marquette. As an international business major, you'll deepen your language proficiency when you spend a semester or full year studying abroad at dozens of institutions throughout the world.
You might like the international business MAJOR if you:
- Have an interest in the global economy
- Are proficient in or seek to be proficient in one or more foreign languages
- Enjoy international travel
What can You do with a major in international business?
International business majors usually go on to work domestically for global firms in accounting, finance, marketing and IT positions before they go global. Learn more about what you can do with a major in international business.
Visit the department that offers the international business major.
Please expand to view suggested curriculum
Suggested curriculum for an international business major
Your major courses blue.
- Foundations for Business Leadership
- Rhetoric and Composition I & II
- Histories of Cultures and Societies Elective
- Science and Nature Elective
- Introduction to Theology
- Philosophy of Human Nature
- Finite Mathematics
- Elements of Calculus
- Business Communication
- Foreign Language I & II*
- Applying Business Leadership Skills
- Business Statistics
- Principles of Financial Accounting
- Principles of Managerial Accounting
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Literature Elective
- Diverse Cultures Elective
- Theory of Ethics
- Theology Elective
- Foreign Language III & IV*
- Strategies for Entering the Business World
- International Business Elective
- Two Business Major Electives
- Introduction to Marketing
- Introduction to Financial Management
- Applied Business Economics
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Behavior and Organization
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Foreign Language: Composition and
- Conversation I & II*
- (Semester Abroad)
- Three International Business Electives
- Three Business Major Electives
- Business Policies
- Ethical and Societal Issues Elective
- Legal and Regulatory Environment Elective
- Two Non-business Electives
* Placement based on competency tests administered by Marquette University.