Patient Bill of Rights
The faculty, staff, and student dentists strive to provide our patients with dental treatment that meets or exceeds the current standards of care for the dental profession in a considerate, respectful and professional manner. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran's status, gender, national origin or disability.
At Marquette University School of Dentistry, as a patient of record, you have the right to:
- Have your dental treatment needs fully explained including the estimated cost, the length of time necessary to complete treatment, the results expected, and a plan for treatment alternatives.
- Inspect your own dental records. Your dental records are confidential and may not be shared or transferred without your consent unless specifically ordered by a court.
- Discuss any concerns with your student, a faculty member, or the Dental Schoolís Clinic Director. If you decide not to seek treatment, the consequences of non-treatment will be explained to you.
- Have access to available emergency dental treatment.
- Dental treatment that meets or exceeds the current standards of care for the dental profession.
- Receive treatment in an environment that utilizes appropriate infection control procedures known as universal precautions for the protection of all our patients and personnel.