Welcome to the Department of Developmental Sciences / Orthodontics of the Marquette University School of Dentistry.
The Mission of the Department of Developmental Sciences / Orthodontics is contained within these statements:
- Provide quality service and efficient oral health care and respond to the needs of the people of the State of Wisconsin.
- Educate the appropriate level in the discipline of Orthodontics, dentists, dental clinical specialists, dental educators, scientists and dental auxiliaries who will be prepared to meet the oral health and demands of the people of the State of Wisconsin and of the society at large, around the nation and around the world.
- Engage in research and scholarly activities that will generate new knowledge and solutions to oral and health related problems through scientific investigations and research to extend the frontiers of knowledge.
- Provide continuing education programs to the profession.
- Make available to local communities and public agencies the expertise and educational services of the section of Orthodontics in ways consistent with the primary functions of teaching and research.
- To assist the School of Dentistry in providing leadership and cooperate in the development of academic programs with public agencies and interdisciplinary activity to meet the educational needs of the region and state.