Dentists who were trained in countries outside the United States but wish to practice here
may apply for advanced standing admissions. These candidates are required to complete three years of study at Marquette. Marquette admits foreign-trained dentists on a space-available basis. The number of spaces available each year is generally unknown until March. The program typically begins in May of each year. At the conclusion of the three-year program, the student will receive a DDS degree.
The application deadline for our Advanced Standing program is January 1st. Potential applicants must apply using the Centralized Application for Advanced Placement for International Dentists (CAAPID), accessible here. The CAAPID cycle for the class beginning in August 2014 is now closed. The CAAPID application is open for the class beginning in May 2015. Additional details regarding Marquette's requirements are available on the CAAPID website.
As part of their application packet, candidates will be required to submit the following:
- A detailed course-by-course evaluation of their dental school transcripts completed by ECE. This document should be submitted to CAAPID during the application process. If admitted, applicants will be required to submit a copy of their evaluation directly from the evaluation agency.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (submitted to CAAPID or to Marquette directly).
- TOEFL test results (optional) (reported on CAAPID application)
- If applicant chooses to submit TOEFL test, they are required to score an 80 or higher on the internet-based TOEFL or a 213 or higher on the Computer-Based TOEFL (TOEFL code: 1448, Dept. Code: 00).
- National Board, Part I results are required. Applicants are required to score a 75 or higher on the Part I test. Part II is not required. Applicants will report their score on the CAAPID application. If admitted, applicants will be required to request that an official copy of their scores be sent directly to Marquette.
- A $45 application fee, paid by personal check or money order, made payable to Marquette University and submitted to the following address:
Marquette University School of Dentistry
P.O. Box 1881
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881
Selected candidates will be invited for an interview with the Admissions Committee and for a bench test.
Note: Any candidate accepted with advanced standing is required to complete three years of study at Marquette. These candidates join the rising freshman class after acceptance. (Limited spaces are available on an annual basis.)