- Invite your students and alumni to activate their Handshake Account
- Faculty and staff are invited to sign up for a Handshake Account to view the platform. Visit the Handshake URL: https://marquette.joinhandshake.com and create an “alumni” account. Please email me if you create an account so we can approve your account right away.
- Invite alumni you know to join LinkedIn and the Marquette University Alumni Association
- Refer students to the Career Services Web site
- Refer employers to post jobs, internships, and interviews through Handshake
- Share our Online Resources and Job Search Sites in class
- Refer students to the Career Services Center
- Refer employers to the Career Services Center
Invite alumni to create an account on LinkedIn, the leading professional networking website. Encourage them to join the Marquette University Alumni Association (MUAA) group and network with over 12,000 MU students and alumni.
Referring students to the Career Services Center
Departmental faculty and academic advisors are our second most frequent source of referrals for students for our services (students are our first). We appreciate your referrals.
- Drop-in services: Suggested for first time users or students with "quick" questions, brief resume review, etc. Hours change each semester.
- Direct referral to professional staff. Individual career counseling appointments can be made by calling 414-288-7423. We are all generalists with the ability to help all students and alumni regarding career assistance. Staff profiles are available.
- Our services and resources cover a wide range of career issues including:
- helping a student identify his or her interests, skills, and values, possibly with a referral to complete an interest inventory at the Counseling Center;
- helping the student explore possible careers related to his or her major or to the student's interests, skills, and values;
- assisting with the internship search and preparation;
- teaching resume writing, cover letter writing, and interviewing skills;
- critiquing resumes and cover letters in Resume and Cover Letter Reviews and scheduled appointments;
- conducting practice interviews in 45-minute appointments;
- helping the student identify resources for job announcements;
- helping the student learn and conduct an effective job search including suggesting possible industries and employers related to their career goal;
- helping the student find resources that could help them to apply to graduate and professional schools
Refer employers to Career Services and encourage them to participate in on-campus interviews and career fairs, and to post internships and jobs through Handshake. Employer services are online here.