• Faculty participate in first ever departmental strategic planning retreat
• Noted Harvard microbiologist, Dr. Roberto Kolter, presents the Oliver Smith Lecture
• The department welcomes Dr. Anita Manogaran as adjunct faculty
• A new facility is clearly needed as the Biology Department modernizes in the 1950's
• Past faculty member Dr. James Barrett dedicated his life to social justice
• Dr. Robert Fitts celebrates a career spanning nearly 50 years in exercise physiology
• Biological Sciences faculty receive awards and publish research
• The Biological Undergraduate Society brings students on "Lab Tours" event
• "Bio Lab Snapshots" features introductory lab class on Facebook
• Neurobiology course writes Wikipedia articles
• New course teaches the "Biology of Human Disease"
• Cassie Nelson and Adam Lietzan find time to mentor high school students
• Recent graduates, and award winners are recognized
• Frank Rigo, Ph.D., a 2002 Biochemistry and Molecular Biology graduate, researches new antisense drug technology at Isis Pharmaceuticals.
• Benita Brink, Ph.D., earned her Ph.D. in 1989 at Marquette working in Dr. Dale Noel's lab. Dr. Brink inspires students in her current role as chair of the Biology and Earth Sciences Department at Adams State University.
Want to read more? Find past issues here.
We want to stay in touch! Please send any updates, personal or professional, to the newsletter editor: firstname.lastname@example.org