• Ten undergraduates from across the country conducted research projects during the Summer Research Program
• The Scholl Seminar Series continues this fall with nine Friday seminars
• Advisory Board Update
• Small but active, the Biology Department survived the lean years of the 1940’s
• Past faculty member Dr. Peter Abramoff chaired the Biology Department for nearly 25 years
• Since 1978, Dr. Stephen Munroe has actively involved graduate and undergraduate students in his innovative research on RNA
• Our faculty continue to embody excellence in their academic pursuits with presentations, new publications, grant awards and more
• "Plants, Pathogens, and People", a unique undergraduate course, is offered for the last time
• The Biological Undergraduate Society invites students to "get on the BUS"
• Dr. John Brenner and Adam Lietzan win departmental awards
• Our graduate students are actively publishing their work and presenting at meetings
• Amy Leliaert, a 2008 Biochemistry and Molecular Biology graduate, is now researching breast cancer at the University of Notre Dame
• Camille (Hintzke) Devaney knows her experience and training at Marquette in Life Sciences served her well in her long career as an educator and in industry.
Want to read more? Find past issues here.
We want to stay in touch! Please send any updates, personal or professional, to the newsletter editor: firstname.lastname@example.org