Total student population
Marquette is a home away from home for nearly 11,400 undergraduate and graduate students.
The university's excellent reputation draws students from nearly every state and 85 countries.
Fall 2017 enrollment statistics
- Undergraduate enrollment: 8,335
- Graduate and professional enrollment: 3,091
- TOTAL ENROLLMENT: 11,426
- The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1*.
- The average lower-division class size is 35.
- The average upper-division class size is 24.
* Based on data from fall 2016
Class of 2021 (first-year students)
- 2,021 enrolled students
- 50 percent female and 50 percent male
- 72 percent are from out of state
Class of 2021 high school rank
- 34 percent in the top 1–10 percent
- 22 percent in the top 11–20 percent
- 15 percent in the top 21–30 percent
- 14 percent in the top 31–40 percent
- 9 percent in the top 41–50 percent
Visit our freshman profile page for information about incoming freshman ACT and SAT scores.